Become An Advocate
Join Us Today
- Every 65 mins two Veterans Commit Suicide.
- About 11% of the adult homeless population are veterans. Roughly 45% of all homeless veterans are African American or Hispanic, despite only accounting for 10.4% and 3.4% of the U.S. veteran population, respectively. Homeless veterans are younger on average than the total veteran population.
- Mental illnesses may also prevent veterans from forming and maintaining stable relationships or cause people to misinterpret others’ guidance and react irrationally. This often results in pushing away caregivers, family, and friends who may be the force keeping that person from becoming homeless. As a result of these factors and the stresses of living with a mental disorder, veterans with mental illnesses are much more likely to become homeless than the general population
- Educate Veterans “That You’re Not Alone”, provide them resources for Suicide Prevention including “Warm Lines”. Give our Veterans the compassion and comfort that they too will overcome this situation.
- Identify Homeless Veterans in your local your community. Canvassing across your community to provide resources for shelter information, make care giver packages which include, hygiene items, toothbrush, soap, mouth wash, dry food items, that will be gently packed inside our Veteran VHV Foundation, Camo Outreach Bags.
GET YOUR VHVFOUNDATION ENLISTMENT KIT
- Advocate Employee Badge
- (1) Tee-Shirt Available-In Female/ Male Unisex
- 50 Business Cards
- 30 Postcard Size Info Cards
- 20 VHV Foundation Stickers
VHVFoundation does not offer medical advice or assist in mental health crisis. If you or someone you know needs emergency help, please visit our mental health resources page. If you have thoughts of harming yourself or someone else, please contact the Veteran Crisis Line. Contact Number 1800-273-8255 Press 1 or Call 911 Immediately.
Subscribe Us today
Copyright ©2018-2019 Veterans Helping Veterans Foundation, INC.